Help and Hope

What services do you offer?

Palmer’s services are focused on recovery from substance abuse. Specific programs include:

  • Outpatient counseling for adolescents and adults
  • A school based drug education program
  • A residential in-patient program for women.

What kind of help do you provide?

Palmer offers individual, group, and family counseling. For women working toward recovery Palmer’s residential program can offer a 30 to 120-day in-patient service. Women with children age 12 and under may be able to bring their children with them to programing.

How can I access your programs?

To make an appointment, call 918-832-7763 or complete on online information form.

When you call or visit to set up an appointment, we will need:

  • Insurance Card (if applicable)
  • Social Security Numbers for each individual being seen
  • To speak with the person receiving services, per HIPAA privacy laws, or the person who has legal guardianship/custody of the minor receiving services

How much does it cost?

We accept Medicaid, Traditional Medicare, SoonerCare, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, HealthChoice/PSI, Beacon, and Humana insurances. If your insurance is not listed here, please contact them directly. We do not discriminate in the provision of services based on ability to pay. Crisis and referral services are available to all, regardless of health care coverage.

How do I make an appointment?

Please call our intake numbers for the two different programs to start the process.

Adolescent Counseling: 918-832-7763

Women’s In-Patient Recovery Program: 918-430-0975 – answered 24/7

You can complete on online information form.

What do I need to bring to my first appointment?

You should plan to bring these items on your first visit:

  • Medicaid card if applicable
  • Valid photo ID (except children)
  • Social Security card
  • Insurance Card (if applicable)

What if I lost my Social Security card?

If you know your Social Security number, you may not need a replacement card. However, you can replace your Social Security card for free if it is lost or stolen. You are limited to three replacement cards in a year and ten during your lifetime.

Do I need to be present during my child’s appointment?

You should plan to be present for at least the first few appointments.

Will my treatment be kept confidential?

Yes. Palmer is bound by many rules that require us to your treatment confidential. We will not release this information to other entities without a consent from you or your guardian. A few exceptions are listed in our HIPAA Privacy Notice.

What is the residential program for women?

Palmer’s unique residential program, the Tulsa Women and Children’s Center (TWCC), provides substance abuse treatment services for pregnant or parenting women. It is one of the few programs in the nation that can accommodate children while their mothers participate in residential treatment. Women, 18 and older, can bring their children, 12 and under, to TWCC while an in-house Children’s Program provides specialized care for their infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and school-age children. TWCC maintains a dual focus of addressing the women’s chemical dependency needs as well as parenting skills.

The 52-bed center, located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, provides 35 therapeutic hours per week of comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment, as well as medical and psychiatric services, mental health therapy, trauma therapy, domestic violence counseling, case management and other wrap around services designed to ensure that clients can move towards self-sufficiency when discharged.

Clients attend therapeutic groups and individual counseling sessions each day, in addition to 7 hours of parenting programming each week. Counseling and education sessions include topics such as Understanding Addiction, Behavior Management, Grief and Loss, Stress/Anger Management, Addressing Trauma, Building Self Esteem, Health and Diet, Nurturing/Parenting and Parenting in Recovery. In addition to these sessions, women attend four hours of process group each week, as well as art therapy and a variety of planned activities in the evening and weekend.

Which schools do you work with?

Currently Palmer works with the Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Jenks, and Union school districts.

How do I get my child started?

Please complete the inquiry form so Palmer can reach out to you about our school-based programs.

Are your counselors licensed?

All professionals maintain various licensures based upon their counseling/therapy areas of practice.

How many years has Palmer Addiction Recovery Services been in operation?

Palmer, formerly Palmer Drug Abuse Programs of Tulsa (PDAP Tulsa), was established as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit agency in August 1981. The original PDAP organization, which Palmer continues to reference as part of its history, was founded in Houston in 1971.

The catalyst for PDAP Tulsa was a young couple transferred from Texas who had children in PDAP Houston and wanted them to continue their counseling in Tulsa. They invited representatives from PDAP Houston to present the Palmer counseling philosophy to a group of Tulsa business leaders resulting in several philanthropists committing themselves to the creation of a PDAP in Tulsa.

Is Palmer currently hiring?

Yes. You can find current openings listed here